Watch my Latest Video!


Watch My Latest YouTube Video!

Friday, July 12, 2013

[FASHION QUICK PIC] Casual Outfit of the Day - Utility Vest, Cut Offs + MCM Mini Stark Backpack

(photo from hollyannaeree's instagram)



Tank: H&M (this season) 





Just a quick, on the go Outfit of the Day post :)

Today we just ran out to do a few errands. I had an eye appointment and we did some grocery shopping at Costco.

 I have been LIVING in One Teaspoon brand shorts this summer - LOVE them so much! 
I just ordered a bunch more from Karmaloop/MissKL, can't wait to get them! ^_^
Definitely a little pricier for me (at $60 - $100 a pair) but I would say well worth the money. They are comfortable and come in really cool cuts. Best cut offs I've ever owned. (I'll show them a bit better in a favorites video soon!) 

The utility vest is something new for me. Picked this one up from Forever 21 (online) and have been trying it out to see how it works for me, adding some interest to a simple outfit. It's a size small but actually fits rather large I think. Still, not bad for $35 bucks. 

...


Lastly, this is the blog debut of my new bag! This was my "big souvenir" purchase while I was in Korea and I am IN LOVE! 

The MCM Mini Stark Backpack in Cognac. 


As MCM is a South Korean brand (originally a German brand) it seemed like the perfect thing to splurge on while I was there, PLUS the prices are a lot less there than here in the states. No surprise I was really itching to pick up a piece especially since MCM seems to be kind of difficult to track down here in CA. Even online there is a very limited selection and the Mini Backpack is damn near impossible to find! 

I originally was going to go with the lighter beige color that my friend Alex from HRH Collection has (it looks awesome on her!) but when I saw it in store it didn't suit me as well. The cognac was the first color I tried on and it looked really amazing with the olive dress I was wearing that day. It's different for me, not a color I would normally gravitate towards but I have to say I am really enjoying it and am pleased to see that it matches so many items in my closet (especially with the incorporation of the black in the logo and to two tone studs on the front of the bag. I couldn't ask for a better, more versatile combination!)

Bottom line: I am obsessed. I have been wearing it everyday! Super durable and overall a cute, casual bag that still has a touch of luxury. I am already planning on my next MCM purchase! Looking at a couple of the Medium Stark Backpacks - I'd love to use them as a carry on or just overall to bring along on days that I need to carry a little extra. 
They come in a ton of fun colors every season - I can tell this is going to be a "gotta collect them all" situation. Bank account, I am sorry. lol : P

I plan on doing a full review on the backpack complete with HD pictures etc. for you all so keep an eye out for that! 


That is all for now. Hope you all have been wonderful! 

I miss you, 
Holly 


12 comments:

  1. Cute ! Love the bag and shoes !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is one head turner!
    Definitely something my girl would fall madly in love with!
    Really beautiful, i'll be sure to share this post with her!!

    www.ColorfulExistence.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great backpack!! love it!

    Kisses
    <3 Val
    www.beautyval13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely backpack! I love the tan colour!

    LIVE.IN.LOVE

    -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit! Your shoes are lovely! :)

    jessaohh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shoes! and the backpack looks so fun!

    Jenn
    A Petite Treat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the bag! *__*

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the exact same one! And I totally agree with your 'need to collect them all' thought. That was the first thing that popped in to my mind too =[ (sorry wallet).

    Join my magazine subscription giveaway here =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures, checkout my latest poset at
    http://togetherfornature.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-big-five.html
    don't be shy to leave a comment and like us on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holly, I've been waiting for a long time for ur new YouTube video. Lol miss u so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh i've always wanted that MCM backpack but in the medium size! one day....!

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete