Watch my Latest Video!


Watch My Latest YouTube Video!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chloe Lambskin Flats [Review] Most Comfortable Flats I've EVER Had!


So while returning a pair of shoes at Neimans the other day I stumbled upon a new obsession....

I was waiting for the sales associate to process my transaction and had decided to randomly try on shoes as I normally do. I had seen these Chloe Flats before and didn't think much of them truthfully. Simple design, basic colors and I'm not overly familiar with the brand itself but I had glanced at these during previous visits and were always intrigued with how buttery soft they were. I never thought they would be something I would consider purchasing (especially given the price, but I'll get to that later) but I thought 'what the heck I'll try them on just for fun'...now we all know how that goes! (lol. jk - a lot of times it just confirms how much I dislike the shoe) 

I put them on and it was like a magical moment from a movie - I kid you not. I did NOT expect these flats to be THAT comfortable! 

**please note that after reading this you may not have that magical moment because you will expect them to be as they are. I went in with no real expectations. 


 They are a little less structured than I have come to expect from a shoe but truthfully that is one of the aspects that makes them SO comfortable - they are formfitting.

It is a FULL leather shoe (I have come to really appreciate the difference a leather sole can make) and the lambskin is ridiculously soft. I don't even own anything else that I can really compare it to. It's softer than my Balenciaga City Bag and any other bag I have for that matter so unfortunately I can not really give you a good comparison but they are soft! (Like so soft that I wouldn't even want my skin to feel like that because I think it would rip if someone were to grab my arm. lol) 

Overall the shoe just molds to your foot when you put it on and then just continues to get more comfortable as the leather warms up with your body heat. They conform even further. 

*magic*


The shoe itself is very light weight and flexible which I definitely appreciate. It does remind me a bit of ballet slippers but much more comfortable and 1000000x more high end haha but the fit is similar to me. It's that same secure but not too snug feeling. 

It also features a very small heel and although it does not give you any additional height I think it helps with overall wear and durability of the shoe.


I'm sure the scalloped edges are one of the things most people like about the shoe but truthfully I wasn't that into the design. When I tried it on I didn't think it looked bad but to be honest I was more concerned on how delightful they felt on.

One thing I do like about the design is that there isn't a lot of bulk. It's a very minimalistic flat and I actually appreciate that aspect of them. I find it to be a very flattering style for my foot and I am not typically a fan of flats on me. They even have approval from the boyfriend!

The scalloped edges, while I am still not obsessed with the design, do add a little interest to the shoe. I figure if they were totally plain with just a straight edge they would look rather matronly and also the detail in the scalloping is part of the craftsmanship you are paying for. (The edges of the scalloping are actually sewn all the way around and very close to the edge so I don't think you will need to worry about it separating or peeling back over time.)


I have not had these for an extended period of time so I can not say how they will wear with normal use but I would suggest exercising a little caution with them. Of course if you are spending this much on a pair of flats you obviously don't want to be wearing them in the rain, hiking (not sure why you would wear them hiking but ya know, #justsayin) but I think in normal every day situations these will wear just as you would expect any soft leather item to wear. Of course these will be subject to scratches etc. since they are so soft, just as any lambskin handbag or jacket would be but, it's just a pair of shoes. No one is really getting down to ground level to inspect them so I wouldn't stress about it too much.

 Shoes are made to be worn and enjoyed! 


For me these fit true to size. For reference I am technically considered to have a narrow foot and heel (although to me my foot does not look narrow - I'd say more average or on the smaller side of average) 

I normally take a 36.5 -37 (6.5 - 7) in European styles and 6.5 -7.5 in US brands but I would say usually I am a 7. 

* For reference most people say that European sizes run small for them and they go up about a 1/2 size or so. European sizes actually fit me better than their US counterparts - there is usually less gapping along the sides of the shoe and overall just a more secure and better fit.

The sales associate said that these do stretch a bit (same for most leather shoes but these are especially malleable so I don't doubt these will stretch) but I have not had mine long enough to say how much they will stretch. That being said, I still think this was the correct size choice for me. They fit pretty perfectly now and I think if they were to get broken in, conforming to my foot even further they would be fantastic still.




I did choose black for my first pair (yes - I plan on saving for more!) because I felt as though they would wear the best over time out of all the colors. I am however also in the market to buy a pair of Nude and possibly a Taupe. They have a few other fun colors - a blue, yellow, green, coral, etc. but hey - I'm not rich. I can't collect them all Pokemon style. 



I know that the shoes I wear most are Nude and Black (or any variation of neutral I suppose) so I will just stick with those. 



Now for the part that's going to hurt your wallet (and how you can totally justify it! lol maybe?)






...I'll give you a moment. 



At first I was really having second thoughts because of the price but they were just so amazing I had to splurge! I can never find flats that I think are really comfortable and these felt better than if I was just wearing socks. 



(Can you tell I really love these flats? You can imagine what my poor boyfriend had to listen to the first few days I had them haha. Luckily he doesn't mind. If it interests me it interests him. Plus he likes to show off his knowledge to others, I think he likes the shock factor. lol.) 



When you think about it, a pair of Tory Burch Flats are about $255 and up for one pair and many of us have a couple of those. They have kind of become the standard for midrange flats. These are less than 2 pairs of Tory Burch flats! So think of it that way. Personally I love Tory Burch products - I have so many of her flats and accessories but truthfully all of my Tory Burch flats feel like they are made of hard plastic by comparison. So I would GLADLY give up two pairs of Tory Burch flats to own ONE pair of these. I think they are worth it. 



IF of course you are in a position to do so. Obviously I'm not saying don't eat lunch for a month to afford these shoes but if you are someone that would buy flats in the $250+ range don't pass these over just because they seem like they are (about) double the price. I think these will be one of the MOST comfortable flats you will ever own. (I can't say they will be THE most because I haven't tried every brand of flat out there but personally I have never had anything so comfortable.) They are a flat you will LOVE to and WANT to wear. 

Chloe Flats can be found a number of places - I purchased mine from Neiman Marcus. 

 They come in Full AND 1/2 Sizes depending on the store and I am told these are a permanent style for the brand, one of their classics.

 Chloe London Lambskin Flats - Style CH19170 

Here are a few colors I found online: 


Thank you for reading. Let me know if you enjoy seeing posts like this so I can do more in the future. 



52 comments:

  1. wow these look gorgeous! maybe a tad out of my price range but I can't wait to see more of these in outfit pics :) x

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. *____* The metallic bronze, I would totally love those. ;___; However, these are waaaaay out of my price range. But maybe someday it'd be a nice luxury splurge. <3 Great review! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Def. something to keep in mind for the future - these are so comfortable!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the look and feel of these! They're very adorable, and I've always wanted a pair of these Chloe flats, but was always hesitant because of the price tag. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford these soon... ;D

    And welcome back to the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) I hope you are able to get a pair soon as well - they are so comfy!

      Delete
  4. This is so informative! I've been eyeing these flats for a while now but just can't come to terms with the price tag... But you're right, they are oh-so-soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you are a Tory Burch buyer these aren't too bad considering. Personally I have been trying to cut back on other things so I can grab some more high quality items for my wardrobe!

      Delete
  5. Do you think these would make a good work shoe? I work in retail and am on my feet all day, so I've been on the hunt for good shoes. I had some Cole Haan "drivers" that I really liked, but they were worn out so I ended up purchasing a new pair. Unfortunately, the new ones were too narrow and squeezed the side of my feet. Are these flats tight on the sides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as long as you weren't a waitress I think these would be good for work (which I know you just said you work in retail I just mean generally) Also if you work in a place where you are on your feet but are not bumping into stuff like crazy (just because like I had mentioned they will scratch I'm sure) the only thing I worry about is if they will have enough support for a full day on a hard floor. I know a lot of people like to have extra cushion or arch support for those types of things but I don't own any flats like that personally. These would be the most comfortable choice I could think of though. I think they are more comfortable than sneakers and I'd def. choose these over any other flat. Hope that helps! I just hate to say 100% yes you will love these for work and then you don't like them - especially because of the price. I'd say try them on if you can and use your judgment from there but if I were still working retail these would probably be my top choice out of all the shoes I own. : )

      Delete
  6. Wow, you sure are on fire! Keep this up! I like seeing you around in the internet world. You are one of my most favorite youtubers (or should i say blogger,too? LOL) I'm really looking forward to your future videos and blog posts! Keep healthy,Holly! Cheers. Love, from Indonesia ><

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so gorgeous, If I had that kind of money I would definitely buy hehe
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love the flats, out of my price range, but gorgeous shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a pair of Chloe flats myself, I remember looking past them in the sale, but I agree, these are completely underrated in the shoe world. Not normally a fan of Chloe either, but I am a massive fan of their flats :) Glad you tried them and liked them, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG they are so great! I am obsessed at the moment!

      Delete
  10. hello :)I actually starting blogging cause I was inspired by you. i just got back into blogging again after a long hiatus haha thanks for sharing the Chloe flats! they look super comfortable!!

    shiningalanys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. my wallets not going to like that you're back blogging!
    but i am definitely thrilled!

    the chloe flats are super cute, especially if you say they're comfy.
    i'm a huge tory flats fan, but you're right, they aren't exactly heavenly!
    i'm so going to go try the chloe ones on!

    xo

    fashion-impossible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahha! >_< mahh b. lol. ; D

      thank you! I am so excited to be back and I am loving the posts I am doing this time around : ) DEF. try these on if you are into tory burch flats you will like like O_o wth was i doing before hahaha. After I got these I was like why was I paying for painful shoes that dont get comfortable until after my feet have been tortured?! O_o I may even sell some of my TB flats - idk. I still love the way they look though.

      Delete
  12. I LOVE reading these designer shoe post from you Holly, but they're also such a bad influence! I was just considering on getting a pair of high end designer flats for my birthday. Would you suggest these or the classic chanel ones? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I have a pair of classic Chanel flats and they are REALLY uncomfortable to me. The soles are very hard and stiff so they don't have much give. The leather is nice on those too but it has that fabric edge that is pretty solid - I wore them to CES and me feet actually swelled in them. I've NEVER had that happen in flats before. (I also bought cream colored ones so they got messed up the first and only time I've ever worn them -____- the black sole touched the cream leather and marked it. They are back at Neimans getting fixed - if they can't be fixed I'm just retuning them. And they were more expensive than these. $625 before tax)

      Delete
  13. I'm so intrigued :D I hope they don't scratch easily... that would make my heart bleed lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! I love it. They are adorable and look really comfortable. Out of my price range, but it's cute. I need to save my money to get this flat. lol. Enjoy your new flats. ^_~.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW those are expensive, wish i could spend that much money on a pair of shoes...

    eye---candii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. "I can't collect them all Pokemon style." My favorite part! I love your wit and humor. Keep up the great work, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a hairstylist, which means I'm constantly on my feet so I can totally justify spending a hefty amount on good quality shoes! Have you tried Bloch Londons or Sam Edelman flats? Also, I've been enjoying your latest posts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried/heard of the Bloch Londons but I have a pair of Sam Edelman flats - not really in love with them. I also had a pair of Jeffery Campbells that were so uncomfortable I had to return them. I was just sick of having flats that were just about less comfortable than some of my heels. It doesn't make sense ya know? These are like a dreammmm.

      Delete
  18. I felt the same way when i bought myself a pair of the Chanel Espadrilles. Now looking back I am so glad i got them because they are sold out everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The shoes look great, and I just love reading your posts in general! It's like I can hear your voice saying it all! Keep up the blogging, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm going to have to try these on! I've eyed them a few times, but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on flats. Thanks for the review :)

    lbyrikki.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those flats look amazing! Btw, your blog is so pretty :)!

    xo
    nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE that you`re blogging again! (: definitely enjoy reading them. the shoes look amazing! definitely considering saving up for these.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! I love flats and those look so comfortable! I won't mind the price if they are really that nice to wear but I'm not sure I would like to buy shoes made of lamb skin...But thanks for sharing this! Do check the flats made by Lower East Side for Payless Shoe Source. They are less than $20 and they are really comfortable especially the classic designs :)

    Gale
    http://galelovescolors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. looking forward to the next blog post already! ;D

    xoxox,
    ruvic
    http://ruvicbe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the detailed review! comfy, soft, buttery leather flats? sounds perfect to me. I'm so tempted, because I have such a hard time with flats. So many of them feel stiff and hard and/or rip up my ankles. Many times I feel like I'd rather just wear heels and deal with tired arches, because at least my feet stay intact and I don't need band-aids after a day's wear.
    I've never bought high-end designer shoes, but I do have a couple of mid-range pairs and plenty of cheap pairs of flats and every last one of them were disappointing and painful before lengthy break-in periods. Since then, I've become good friends with heel liners, insoles, rub-relief strips, and the like. I may just have to visit a department store and try on these Chloe's, but I'm a little skeptical that the scallops will dig into my feet...not to mention the price. hrmm...

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. def. try them on! i dont think the edges will dig in the material has so much give!

      Delete
  26. It's getting quite ridiculous how difficult it is to find comfy flats! Either you pay $20 for a simple pair that are uncomfortable or splash out on a high end pair that end up being just as uncomfortable... I'm glad you found a pair that you like though! Thanks for the detailed and concise review, as always :)

    savage-dreamer.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've wanted these flats for a while because of the scalloped edge but I assumed they would be uncomfortable. It's good to know they are both comfortable and cute!

    ladybuglx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i'm not that crazy about the scalloped edges either but i'm curious to feel how soft they are!
    btw, love that you're blogging. now i can read this during class hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love all your YT videos and now this blog :)...Love your honestly and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your detailed and helpful review - I was searching online for reviews for the past hour or so and didn't find any really good ones until I came across your blog.

    I am also tired of uncomfortable flats and am looking for something I can wear right out of the box. I am a Tory Burch fan in general but can't do the Revas. Actually just bought a pair of her new Verity ballets last week. So, I may stop by the Chloe Soho boutique tomorrow to check these out and see if they are worth the splurge. I am eyeing the red, bronze or coral colors since I want something fun for spring, preferably a neutral. If they are a winner, maybe I'll get a pair in black later on down the line.

    Enjoy your shoes - I hope they are holding up well and are still very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great review! I'm thinking of getting a pair of these in the nude color. I have one question: Now that you've had these for a few months, have you found they stretched out a lot? (You mentioned the sales associate said they would). I'm not sure whether I should size down or not. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi! How are the heels now after several wear? I feel like my flats NEVER ever last and do not last a season if I overwear them. It goes with any shoes. Do you still recommend these? Do they stretch to the point where they become too big?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Big fan of chole flats but yuck on the price. I'll buy for like $150 max! Hehe I do own a pair of See by Chole ballet flats and they are super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love shoe but at the same time I am very picky :( These look really cute, I would love to try them, but my gosh the price lol I would never get a chance to wear them if I bought them lol too precious.

    http://payinghergn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete