Watch my Latest Video!


Watch My Latest YouTube Video!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Etude House - Etoinette Special Kit - Pink Box #1


So you know I couldn't just leave my blog up with no pictures! 
I actually just got this in the mail today c/o one of my FAVORITE Korean Cosmetic Brands - Etude House 

Their cosmetics are always so darn cute and princess like! (no joke tell me these do not look like they are straight out of a Disney Princess's room?!?) This "Pink Box" came with 4 items including a lipstick, kabuki brush, compact mirror and a blusher. 


The lipstick is actually more on the sheer side which is nice because it makes it a LOT more wearable in my opinion. I was a bit intimidated when I first opened the tube because you know me and my love for nude and baby pink hues. This looked like it would be wayyy out of my comfort zone but I decided to give it a try anyway. Below is a swatch (excuse the horrible bathroom lighting for all of these pics but its like 4am lol) - you can see how the color is a little more sheer and watery than one would expect. 


Still not a color you will see me wear very often but do-able. (I actually think this would maybe look cuter on someone more fair than myself.) The feel of the lipstick does not disappoint however - very smooth like a lip balm and it has a slight rose macaroon scent. 


As for the brush and blusher - the kabuki brush definitely leaves something to be desired.  It is lightweight and not especially soft. If you look at the picture you can see it has sort of a crown top cut into the fibers - although cute looking I find that it makes the brush overall difficult to use. 

The blush is my favorite product (are we surprised at all?) and is definitely the one I will use the most. The packaging is a bit bulky but hey it's meant to be cute and fun so no points taken off there! It comes with an adorable little puff and the top actually screws on and off so no need to worry about everything falling out if it gets knocked over or you need to store it. The blush itself is made up of darling little cut out hearts in 3-4 different shimmer shades. To use I swirled them all together and actually really liked the results. (sorry no pic of that - next time!) It is not as shimmery as I was afraid it might be and overall was very wearable. A seemingly cool toned dolly pink flush. (It also has a lovely floral scent to it as well. I like.)




Overall this was such a fun little set to try out! The packaging on Korean cosmetics are unlike anything else I've ever had. They almost look like toys! I can see these looking just perfect on a vanity or dresser. 


(Disclaimer - I am NOT being compensated in any way to talk about or review these products for Etude House. I thought it would be fun to share the products I have gotten c/o Etude House with you all here since I will not be featuring these products on my YouTube Channel)



                                                 [YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Facebook

15 comments:

  1. LOL the blush looks like the sweet tart candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest make-up I've ever seen! Blush made out of little pink hearts?! OMG!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ordered just the blush pot last weekf rom pretty & cute! waiting for it in the mail! not goingt o even lie about the fact that i bought it just b/c it was cute! but i'm happy you like it, it means i'll like it too! <3

    www.simplyxclassic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing!!!! is soooooooooooo cute!!! want one now


    Kisses
    <3 Val
    www.beautyval13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were to buy it it would be for the packaging not for the functionality XD Holly have you seen the rose petal blushes by Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée? If you Google it I promise you'll be blown away... the design is so beautiful it's like unreal O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no i havent - ive never even heard of that before! i will def. have to check it out! thanks : )

      Delete
  6. OMG, I love the packaging!! so adorable :)

    xox ♥ Kelsi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the packaging is beautiful! Great post and welcome back to blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's so cute!

    liveshivnow.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Holly! This is SOOOOO cute!!! Where can I get this? Is there an online site I can purchase from? Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah this is so adorable! The packaging draws me in and I want to get the ice cream cone polishes now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute...I wanna enter in the giveaway for the lipstick! thnks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanna enter the giveaway I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to know that you enjoy Etude House products! I like their products as well and their prices are really affordable. :)

    ReplyDelete